William C. Rabe, DMD
Meet Dr. Rabe
Dr. William C. Rabe received his Doctorate in Dental Medicine from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in 1973. He then served two years as a Captain in the United States Air Force Dental Corp. in Montana. On completion of his military service he returned to the East Coast to start a three year residency program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Duke University Hospital and the Durham VA Hospital. While at Duke he had extensive training in facial trauma reconstruction, temporomandibular joint surgery, and orthognathic surgery. On completion of his residency in 1978 he started a private practice in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in High Point, North Carolina where he practiced from 1978 to 1998.
In 1998 he left what had become a large group practice to come to Asheboro, North Carolina to start a new solo practice. This practice in Asheboro has flourished from 1998 to the present. Dr. Rabe is a Board Certified Oral Surgeon and a Diplomat of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Rabe has also taken and passed the Board Examination for Diplomat Status of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology.
Dr. Rabe continues to travel extensively to continue his education so that our practice stays abreast of all the latest surgical advances. He continues to teach and lecture on a variety of subjects related to the specialty including dental implant reconstruction, bone grafting, oral cancer, and advanced cardiac life support. Dr. Rabe is a member of the surgical staff of Randolph Hospital in Asheboro, North Carolina.
Dr. Rabe has been involved in a number of community related projects including establishing a free clinic in High Point, serving eight years on the MERCE Board (a dental and medical clinic for the indigent) in Asheboro and traveling to Eastern Europe on medical missions.
Some of the positions held by Dr. Rabe include President of the North Carolina Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Delegate from North Carolina to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Trustee to the North Carolina Dental Society from the 3rd District, Chairman of the North Carolina Dental Society Board of Trustees, President of the Board of Trustees for the MERCE Clinic.
Other committee work has included:
- Serving on the Task Group of the North Carolina Dental Society directed to write guidelines for the administration of intravenous and general anesthesia in the dental office.
- Serving on the Anesthesia Advisory Committee to the North Carolina Board of Dental Examiners.
- Serving on the Advisory Committee on blood-borne pathogens to the North Carolina Department of Labor.
- Serving on the Advisory Committee to the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare directed to establish regulations for disposal of hazardous waste.
- Serving on the Task Group of the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare directed to set standards for treatment of dental patients in institutional settings.
Dr. William Rabe is a member of the following organizations:
- American Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Southeastern Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- North Carolina Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- North Carolina Dental Society
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Society of Osseointegration
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American College of Dentists
- International College of Dentists
- Randolph Dental Society
Dr. William Rabe has the following Professional Achievements:
- Diplomat of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Diplomat of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
Dr. Rabe is married to Sydney Rabe, a Registered Nurse, who assists him in the operating room. They share three children, Brent, Britt, and Brian, as well as two grandsons, Grifin and Ayden.
Ready to schedule a consultation? Call us at Asheboro Office Phone Number 336-626-9989